My good friend and editor, Tania, sent me some information looking for an intern.
Here is the information:
Internship opportunity to work in the Yen Editorial Department at Hachette Book Group USA in our New York office.
Candidate will provide support to members of the Yen Editorial Department.
• Work with Yen Editorial department to maintain and organize Yen Press files on the server.
• Assist in trafficking editorial projects through Production, Copyediting, and Marketing.
• Enter title data into proprietary databases system and track data throughout publishing process.
• Organize and maintain Yen library, including samples and submissions
• Perform administrative duties, including: photocopying, sorting mail, filing, directing/responding to phone calls, etc.
• Co-ordinate information and images for marketing and sales purposes.
Degree focus in publishing, literature or English preferred.
Knowledge, interest and experience with manga, comic books or graphic novels required.
Location is New York, NY.
I've met several people at Company YP and they are all very friendly and nice.
And this is a great way to get your foot in the industry.
You can apply online here
One tip regarding your resume, since I used to work a little in Human Resources.
A lot of "fans" do this...they write in their qualifications that they love anime.
That's not a qualification!!
You should write that in the cover letter/email, since they ask for someone who is familiar with manga.
Anyway, if you're interested please apply and help poor Tania!
She is busy, busy, busy...from what I can see.