I got a new episode to work on today. I already had the video, but I was waiting on the scripts, and we were waiting because of Golden Week (which was last week) in Japan.
So I got them this morning.
I was already at Company A for another "let's pretend to be normal and work at an office day." So I emailed back my client that I would start working on it later at night.
I also mentioned that since there is so much action (battle against a monster), it should be done rather quickly.
I actually finished it in an hour or so. Pretty efficient!
Well, what usually takes time is the formatting of the script. Formatting the script: 1) Indicate who is talking 2) Indicate if the character is on screen or off screen...this is labeled as -blank- or OFF 3) Indicate if the character's mouth is shown (sometimes barely shown)...labeled as MNS or MBS 4) Indicate if a sound is made...labeled REAX or EFFORTS If a character reacts to a monster that appears, I would put (scared reax).
So usually, this part takes waaaay longer. But since I already took care of it last week, I was able to translate really fast. By the way, my deadline per episode is usually "within two days from delivery of materials."
As for my project with Company A, I translated about 600 lines. I also played the game about two, three times. I had to look online for a cheat sheet to get to the ending I wanted. Man, these games are hard.